Elani Engelken, MA, MFTA, LPCC
I began my own journey into therapy when my anxiety and eating disorder escalated and began to disrupt my life. I was 17 and went to a therapist my parents recommended. It was not a fit! I didn’t realize that there are many different types of therapy and therapists and instead determined that therapy must just not be for me. I continued to struggle with panic attacks and my disordered eating patterns until I found the realm of self-development in my early 20’s.
About 4 years into working as a coach, a close family member experienced a mental health crisis that rocked my world. I witnessed the power of the psyche up close and while I had a strong intuitive knowing of how to support this person, when the dust had settled I realized I had a great deal to learn about human psychology. I sought out my own therapist and have been working with him weekly for the past 5 years. It was working with him that I realized I hadn’t found a therapist prior that really worked for me!
It was my therapist that encouraged me to go back to school for my masters. I completed my masters in Counseling Psychology at Pacifica Grauduate Institute in 2021 and added individual, marriage and family therapy to my practice. This program has an emphasis in depth psychology which informs my counseling practice.
Please request a consultation via Kate Daigle Counseling’s online portal. I’m currently offering telehealth sessions and am eager to speak with you!
Areas of Expertise:
- Trauma, PTSD
- Eating Disorders
- Dancers and Perfectionism
- Family and Couples Counseling
- Jungian/Depth psychotherapy
- Perfectionism (teen – adult)
- Career Counseling
Experience and Training:
- Masters of Art, Counseling Psychology from Pacifica Graduate Institute, 2021
- Life and Business Coach, Elani Nicole Coaching Services
- Pushing Progress Contemporary Dance, Director of Personal and Professional Development
- Landmark Worldwide, Coach with the Self Expression and Leadership Program